Learn and use
The PADI Cavern Diver Course:
Can you see the light? If you dive within the light zone of a cave–the area near the cave entrance where natural light is always visible–you're in the cavern zone.
The fun part is exploring secrets hidden in caverns around the world and having the knowledge and skills to do it correctly.
This is a challenging and very exciting course that includes four training dives over at least two days.
During your first open water dive you'll practice line handling, reel use and emergency procedures without entering a cavern.
But, for your next three dives, you're headed into the cavern, staying within the light zone and 40 metres/130 feet total distance from the surface.
You learn about:
- Cavern navigation and line protocols.
- Planning, organization, techniques, problems and hazards of cavern diving.
- Special equipment use, such as lights, guidelines, reels and redundant breathing systems.
- Air sharing, disorientation, silting, line problems and other emergency procedures specific to cavern diving.
- Silt prevention, buoyancy control, air management and emergency procedures.
- Depth and distant limits for cavern diving.
The Scuba Gear You Use:
You use all the basic scuba gear plus some specialty gear for cavern diving.
This is one of the few diving activities in which you won’t use your snorkel.
- A PADI Advanced Open Water.
- At least 18 years old.
The cost of the PADI Cavern Diver course is : 1 Day:
|Group Tuition (Maximum group size 4 student to one Instructor)||10,000 Baht|
|Private tuition (Just you and one PADI Instructor for the complete course.)||12,000 Baht|
|Couple / Group Discount||Click here|
The course includes:
- PADI Cavern Diver Manual.
- PADI certification costs.
- Full set of rental scuba diving equipment.
- PADI instructor.
- Free Transfers from Patong, Karon and Kata hotels.(A charge may apply for other areas - click here).
- Soft drinks (coke, sprite, fanta, drinking water etc).
- Snacks and Fresh tropical fruit all day.
- 2 Amazing coral reef dives.