Dive Site Map
MV South Siam 3
The Somboon Fleet of Liveaboards is the most flexible of all the Similan Liveaboards and with MV South Siam 3 you can go to the Similan for as little as a day trip with two amazing dives or stay as long as it suits your travel needs.
MV South Siam 3 is permanently based at the Similans with the exception of Wednesdays and Saturdays when it moves to to
Koh Bon. You can join MV South Siam 3 any day of the week and we provide a transfer to the liveaboard via a high powered speedboat so you do not miss any valuable underwater time travelling back and forth to the Similans.
This Liveaboard caters for up to 28 guests, 14 cabins and 6 shared bathrooms
- We come and collect you from your hotel lobby at 6.30am in one of our air conditioned mini buses, and transfer you up North to Thap Lamu pier where one of our high powered speedboat will be waiting to transfer you to the liveaboard.
- Once you are at Thap Lamu there will be a short time to have some freshly prepared breakfast whilst our staff load all your luggage onto the speedboat, when they have packed everything on it is time to climb on-board and watch the amazing scenery on the way out to the liveaboard.
- When the speedboat arrives alongside the liveaboard your divemaster will be there to greet you and give you a quick tour of the liveaboard and your cabin etc. Then it is time to gear up and jump of the boat of the liveaboard for your first amazing underwater experience in the Similan National Marine Park......
- On the first day you will do 3 open water day dives to your depth limitation, and then the final dive of the day will be a night dive.
- Between the first and second dive a hot buffet lunch will be served, a great time to discuss with your fellow divers and the divemaster what you saw on the dive etc.
- After the night dive dinner will be served and time to enjoy the peaceful Similan Islands on a deck chair on the sun deck.
- All the dives you do on the liveaboard will all be fully supervise by your personal divemaster.
- All of your dives will be a maximum time of 50 minuets or low on air.
- Whilst you are on-board there are fridges with soft drinks: coke, sprite, water and fanta which are help yourself basis and all included in the
2nd, 3rd, 4th Day etc: Depending on how long you are staying for
- You will get a knock on your cabin door by one of our friendly staff around 7.00am, and time to get ready for the first and usually the best dive of the day as the big pelagic fish ( Manta Rays, Whale Sharks etc) are feeding.
- Once you are back on-board, it is time to shower and dry of before a hearty western breakfast is served by the resident chefs. The food on-board is a buffet style as not everybody likes the same things, so there is a selection of Thai and Western food at all meal times.
- The second dive of the day is at around 11am.
- When you arrive back from the 2nd dive there will be a hot buffet lunch waiting for you.
- The third dive of the day is around 2pm.
- The final day dive of the day is around 5pm or if you opt for the night dive it is around 7.00pm.
- Dinner will be served around 8.30pm.
- With the following days you will have the choice of either 4 day dives or 3 day and one night dive: Maximum 4 dives per day.
- 7.00am Morning call and dive briefing.
- 7.30 First dive of the day, keep an eye out in the blue for magical manta rays and passing whale sharks.
- Back on board for breakfast.
- 11am Second dive.
- 1pm Hot buffet lunch.
- 2pm Final dive of your trip.
- 3.30pm Farewell to the liveaboard and back on the speedboat and mini bus back to Phuket. You will arrive back to your hotel around 6pm.
|Cabins:||14 Twin cabins|
|Max:||28 guests sleeping|
|Engines:||2 x Hino 420 HP|
|Generators:||2 x 50KW and 1 x 10KW|
|Saloon and Sun Deck|
|Plus two freshwater showers on the dive platform|
|2 days / 1 Night||7||12,900||9,900|
|3 days / 2 Night||11||16,900||12,900|
|4 days / 3 Night||15||20,900||15,900|
|5 days / 4 Night||19||24,900||18,900|
|6 days / 5 Night||23||28,900||21,900|
|7 days / 6 Night||27||32,900||24,900|
- Please note that these prices do not include the National Marine Park Fees set by the Thai Government. Currently, the fee is 400 Baht entry plus 200 Baht per day for divers. Therefore, a 3 day/2 night trip will be 1,000 Baht (400 Baht, plus 3 x 200 Baht).
- If you do not have your own personal scuba diving equipment then we do offer a full set of rental scuba gear at 600 Thailand Baht per day.
- Please note that these prices do not include the National Marine Park Fees set by the Thai Government. Currently, the fee is 400 Baht entry for non-divers.
- Mask, snorkel and fins are available on-board: just ask the tour leader!
The prices include everything you will need for an unforgettable underwater experience.
- Transfers from Patong, Karon, Kata and Chalong areas by air conditioned mini bus and speedboat.
(A transfer charge may apply from other areas- please inform us of your hotel before booking for a quotation).
- Divemaster / Dive Guide: (Maximum group size 6 divers to one guide)
- Cylinders and weights.
- Dive Torch.
- Air conditioned cabin / twin share basis.
- 4 world class open water dives per day except 3 dives on departure day.
- 24 hours a day snacks and tropical fruit.
- Soft drinks: Coke, sprite and fanta.
- Tea, coffee, drinking chocolate and water.
Equipment rental (Liveaboards)::
- BCD : 200 Baht
- Regulator : 200 Baht
- Wet suit : 150 Baht
- Mask/Snorkel : 100 Baht
- Fins : 100 Baht
- Full set : 600 Baht (excl. Computer)
- Computer : 300 Baht
- Nitrox 32% (12l) : 300 Baht per cylinder
- 15l Cylinder : FREE (subject to availability)